Hey guys! This week, Ollie, Robin, and I got together to discuss author-reader interaction on the internet, and one specific author-reader interaction, in particular. Shouldn’t be hard to guess which one.
Meanwhile, Ollie is incensed by cereal tweeting, Cyna recalls her one big author drama, Robin pitches a new episode to you, the listener, and we ALL advise against stalking people who don’t like your book.
So what was your guys’ take? Any Hale-vocates in the audience? Any possible solutions? And what do you guys think of Robin’s episode idea? Let us know in the comments!
- The First Five Days on Goodreads (a chronicle of the original series of Goodreads dustups that arguably started it all)
- Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Literary Agent, Attacked; Author Taken Into Custody (coverage on Pam’s attack)
- Hale vs Harris, and the Breach of Online Ethics (a breakdown of the whole ordeal starting with Blythe’s review, w/timeline and screenshots)
- YA Reads: My Side of the Story (a statement from the blogger who gave Hale the reviewer’s address)
- ‘Am I being catfished?’ An author confronts her number one online critic (Hale’s original article)
Finally, Ollie has begun the process of adding books to her shelves for Papercuts’ 2014 Book Giveaway Extravaganza! They’re still a work in progress, but feel free to check them out and cast your votes!
Theme music is Overnight, by Aya.
WARNING: NSFW! Mature audiences only! Contains salty language, subversive ideas, industry-challenging discussions, and nuts.