Another episode! What is this, regularly scheduled madness?!?
This week, our super awesome special and sexily-accented (and media studies major!) guest Shiori joins us to help discuss agency in young adult literature, and maaaaaybe also in media in general. What is agency? How do you determine if someone has it? What happens when you append “spunky” to the front? What does any of this have to do with the WWE wrestler Karma? Answers to all these questions and more can be found in this episode of Papercuts Podcast!
- Geek Feminism Wiki Definition of “Agency”
- Spunky Agency: Fake Empowerment and not-so-strong Female Protagonists
- Anita Blake: Faux Champion of Sexual Agency
- Strong? Weak? How About Women With Agency
- How To Write Empowering Female Characters
- How to Write Empowering Female Characters quote on STFU Moffat
- A Difference of Gaze: Female Agency in YA
And hey, now that we’re on iTunes, you can totally subscribe to us there, and maybe rate + leave a review? Help spread the word of Papercuts~!
Theme music is Overnight, by Aya.
WARNING: NSFW! Mature audiences only! Contains salty language, subversive ideas, industry-challenging discussions, and nuts.